Sunday, May 18, 2008

South Texas Heat


So I got these big coils of braided steel wire. I got em in Gallatin, Tennessee and they are going to Mexico. I'm in Laredo. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 103.
I drove to West Memphis the first day and then to Buffalo, Texas the next. In Buffalo I took a walk on a lovely early summer evening. A sluggish creek. A field of cattle all looking at me.

On the way south today I stopped in Kyle, Texas in hope of scoring some pie at a place I had heard on the radio had great pecan pie. Boys with signs pleaded with me to pull into the ridiculously small DQ parking lot and have the truck washed for their fundraiser. The pie place was closed. It being Sunday.

I stopped again in Dilley, Texas. I had stopped here before. I wrote an entry on the town at the time. A few weeks ago i was paging through my old entries looking for comments I might have missed and found a disappointing one, in response to this entry, which you can read. It is unfortunate that the internet has, in places, become a place for anonymous, unjust, and unnecessarily mean criticism. Everyone wants to be Simon Cowell. The poster made a number of assertions that were untrue and I was pleased to find upon my revisit that, at least in my perception, I was factually accurate. I added a picture to support one of these observations.

Before this load I took some metal building parts from Laurinburg, North Carolina to Chattanooga, Tennessee. On the way there I had a lovely, though at times hair raising drive through the rainy foggy north Georgia Mountains. The metal buiding parts were going to be an addition to a plant that was making towers for wind turbines. Completed ones were lying around outside.

1 comment:

Re:Birth Films said...

Hey Mr. Moody,

This is maybe not the best venue for this question but I don't have your email. This weekend is the younger son of the Dr.s Cades is having his b-day in kennedyville and I will be joining him. I was hoping you could get dispatch to do you a solid so that we could drag your big-rign' ass to the back of the little schoolhouse and hang out while I am down there. I know M. would also really dig seeing you.

Cheers,
Uncle Adam