Friday, June 20, 2008

Hotlanta

Diagonally from the northwest to the southeast is not a way that the interstates had mind, at least not directly. Most interstates go north-south or east-west and most diagonals are southwest to northeast.
So i found myself headed down US-41 through Indiana and Evansville where I visited a friend who is a talented photo journalist. We had a fine evening eating German food at one of the most aesthetically entertaining restaurants in the middle west followed by some billiards. Very civilized. A few shots from north of Evansville:




































The delivery in Atlanta (technically in Suwanee) went fine though sweatily and then I was given a load to pick up in Pendergrass. I had been to this place before. Big rolls of fabric (of the sort that mitigate erosion) These had two stops, one in Hyattsville, Maryland (east side of DC) and the next in Williamstown, New Jersey, in the southern part of the state. It was Friday and the deliveries were on Monday and so I was expected to take my weekend between pick up and deliveries. In order to get any decent weekend out of this I would need to bust ass to get home friday night. I did and I did (legally) eeking into the deserted house at 11:45 pm. My parents were in Connecticut for the weekend for my mom's high school reunion.
The next day I went to my high school reunion. It was blisteringly hot. Our conversations seemed too easy for people who had not seen one another in 10 years.
Afterwards I headed back to Kent County for a friend's birthday party where my exhaustion and ingestion resulted in passing out by the pool, something that sounds more glamorous than it is.

No comments: