Sunday, December 28, 2008

Recent Occurences

I always like the way the Blue Beacons (truck washes) look at night because they are so bright and usually billowing with steam. It is all very dramatic. I was south of Atlanta on my way from Florida up to Kentucky with Dollar General schtuff.





I saw this Mexican restaurant in Cambridge, Ohio. I gotta wonder how the locals deal with pronouncing this. The folks back where I comes from have some troubles with the local pizza place 'Procolino's' and that's pretty standard Italian not ancient Nahuatl. I imagine they just say "the mexican place next to Wal*Mart"



After delivering some cereal (mostly honeycombs and fruity and cocoa pebbles) to Hunt's Point Market in the Bronx I had a pick up in Jersey City but I had to wait a while for it and so I took a walk with a friend who was catching a ride down to Maryland for the holidays. Amazingly we found this pleasant little beach (albeit strewn with tires and whatnot) overlooking this tranquil scene of international commerce.


I am currently taking a load of corrugated cardboard from Akron, Ohio to Charlotte, North Carolina. Since it is a short load and I had all weekend to do it I took little roads through Ohio which were pretty but at times tortuous. Here along the Ohio River I saw a tug pushing 15 barges of coal up river.


Looking west across the Ohio towards Ohio, from Ravenswood, West Virginia.

No comments: