Wednesday, September 12, 2007

first days in the new truck

So I am going to make this short because I am typing it on my phone.
Fontana finally got their shit together and off I went to deliver freight. The first thing they had me do was take a load of pallets to Maruchan (makers of ramen noodles) in Irvine. That place smelled like shit. Well, at first it was pleasant but quickly became overwhelming. From there it was over to the LBC (long beach (the countries busiest port)) to pick up some undisclosed freight. The generic warehouse at which iwaited for a very long time had a lot of beer in it but the guy inside told me they are the warehouse for 3 things beer, Moen faucets and x-boxes. I have the latter but don't tell anyone. It is high value and I don't want to get hijacked. At this warehouse essentially they move freight from the containers off the ships from the port and put it on to trucks like mine.
These x-boxes are going to Memphis so I spent today driving across the hot ass Mojave desert. In Needles, CA which is down on the Colorado river it was easily almost 110* I got very dry. Fortunately I-40 then climbs up on to the Colorado plateau in the flagstaff area and it was much cooler there(70s). Now I am in Milan, NM. Which is uneventful and apparently the overnight low will be in the 40s. A change of almost 60 degrees in one day is a bit much for anyone and I am worn out. This is the problem with driving. You get worn out doing almost nothing.

No comments: