Sunday, September 9, 2007

San Bernardino

So I awoke in San Bernardino. the night before i had opened up my lap top to hook up to the internet when I found that at some point on the truck my computer must have taken a fall and the screen was totally fucked up in the cataclysmic seeming way that LCD screens get fucked up. So I decided, i needed to get a new computer. I walked up through San Benardino up E street past the mall where I saw a dead black cat in the middle of the road. now I am not much on the black cat superstition but a dead one seems like a bad sign.

Eventually I got to the train station. I am determined to make these unwalkable places walkable. We have fucked up the environment for enjoying the outside some people say, especially in places like LA/SB but I refuse. I am going to walk and I am going to enjoy it. I got to the train station and caught the train to LA. transferred to th red line to Wilshire and Western and then took the bus to Snata Monica Boulevard. My destination was the Apple Store at Century City. I am sure that there was one closer but this one i knew where it was and it was in one of the most ridiculous shopping areas in the world (close to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive.) Once in the store I was hooked by the insidious iPhone. it is so pretty and so amazing and, as it turns out they had just lowered the price by $200 so i had to get one of those too. It's only money right.
Then i made the same trip in reverse. Got back into the hotel room and ordered a pizza and set about playing with my new toys.

Today i walked up to the Target and bought some stuff and then went up to the movies and saw 3:10 to Yuma, which was entertaining enough. Then I came back ordered some sushi and wrote all this. Tomorrow, hopefully, I will test out and then can get n this truck and start making some money.

This post has nothing to do with trucking and therefore seems a bit indulgent
and for that I apologize.

No comments: